You are here
The School of Arts and Crafts is a National Historical Monument since 1986. Its construction began in 1885 with a cost of 344,000 Chilean pesos in that moment. This figure means 10% of the government’s education budget at that time.
In 1902, the government donated lands which were part of the Quinta Normal, to the School of Arts and Crafts. Tthe University Stadium and the north campus are located there nowadays.
It was built between 1925 and 1930 within the School of Arts and Crafts. Although it was just thought as an events hall for 480 people, over time and subsequent investments, it became one of the places with the best acoustics in Chile.
It was built in the early 80's, with a design inspired in the Mayan pyramids. This building was in the vanguard and it was officially opened in March 1986.
Matta’s "Living and facing the arrows"
This is the name of the prestigious mural that was donated to the State Technical University in 1971 by Roberto Matta, the national painter.
More than 320,000 square meters comprises Universidad de Santiago’s only campus. This space is located in Santiago Poniente’s cultural area and it has the best access through the public transportation because three stations of the underground train (METRO) are around the campus.